Saturday 1 December 2012

Christmas Challenge | Day 6: MAC Viva Glam Lipstick in VI (6)

In the UK, Almost 100,000 of people are infected with Aids and 37% of every 1,000 happen to be black. If you consider that the UK is a really small island (or collection of islands) then that is worrying especially as this number is on the increase.

Today is World’s Aid day and to commemorate this day into my lipstick challenge, I thought I should choose a lipstick that links to World Aids Day
MAC Aids Fund was set up in 1994 to support men, women and children all over the world who suffer from this incurable disease. MAC has managed to raise almost £200 million exclusively through the sale of the MAC Viva Glam Range. 100% of every Viva Glam product sales is donated to the MAC Aids Fund and it has been estimated that every Viva Glam lipstick sales helps provide 5 meals for a person living with HIV.
 MAC Viva Glam VI (6) lipstick is actually the first ever lipstick I bought from MAC and one of the only lustre finish lipsticks that I own. Viva Glam VI is a warm, sheer pinky-brown that is a very neutral and easy colour to wear which is probably why I choose it way back when I was 16. I find that it has 2/3 hour wear time so not the longest lipstick wear time but considering that I feel like I’m helping someone out with such a small purchase, I’m happy.
This year, MAC Cosmetics has pledged to DOUBLE it’s donation to World AIDS day by matching ALL Viva Glam product sales on any of it’s online stores. So if you don’t even do anything charitable today at least consider getting a Viva Glam lipstick as you will be providing 10 MEALS for someone living with HIV/Aids.
I do love a product with a charitable message . . . now if MAC just reconsiders entering the China market everything will be great!! Don’t forget you can keep up to track with both Ysis’ 30 lipstick in 30 days – Christmas challenge over at Le Beauty Girl or click my header to keep track of my version of the Lipstick Challenge