Monday 26 November 2012

Christmas Challenge | Day 1: MAC Amplified Lipstick in Half ‘N’ Half

Yesterday, Ysis from Le Beauty Girl kicked off her Christmas Challenge '30 lipsticks in 30 days' ; which involves posting a review on  a lipstick or lip product every day until Xmas, and asked me to get involved (and I really can't resist getting involved with some project or another). As her challenge started yesterday, making me a day behind, I am going to post 2 looks on saturday to catch up (as I'm going to a party so my daytime look and nighttime look will be different).

It seems like forever since I reviewed a MAC lipstick and honestly I don’t think I’ve really gone into my local MAC store since the Marilyn Monroe Collection was released last month (know that doesn’t seem like that long ago but for someone who is on first name basis with the MAC Makeup artist it has been a LONG time).I seem to find that with nude lipsticks (well on me anyway) pinky-nude shades work the best and the more warm brown that is thrown in the better. Cool brown lipsticks look HORRIBLE on me and tend to look like I’ve spent some quality time with a powder sugar doughnut but Half & Half is the coolest nude lipstick I own that work for me.
 MAC Half ‘N’ Half is an amplified finish, which means that it is very creamy and pigmented so it gives a great colour pay off while gently moisturizing your lips. I honestly feel that with amplified lipstick you don’t HAVE to wear a gloss over it.
Now I’ve worn Half ‘N’ Half with a skintone-shade lip pencil (MAC Cork) as my lips are slightly pigmented and nude lipstick don’t look great with out an even base but this is a very true refelection of how this shade looks
 Tune back tomorrow to see what lipstick, I pull out of the works . . .I think I'm going to add a tab to my header for you to keep track but be sure to check back with Ysis to see all her lipstick reviews