Thursday 12 July 2012

Recent Purchases:- MAC Eyeshadows in Embark, Club, Pink Venus, Fig.1 and Twinks

Having my office located 2 minutes away from a MAC store is slowly turning my blog into a one-brand swatches website, but as they are one of the only stores that stock my skin shade in a 15 minute walking radius, you guys are going to be getting a lot of MAC reviews.

Yesterday, I encouraged everyone to guess the eyeshadows I’m going to review today and despite me giving a HUGE hit . . . not that many people guessed any of the shades right.
Club is the most intriguing eyeshadow of the bunch as it’s a bit like a multi-dimensional chameleon. The purple, grey and green mixture of this shade gives it a flexibility that you really don’t expect so it works great as a lid colour for a smokey eye.
Pink Venus was a bit of an impulse buy. I will admit this right now as I’m not sure what was going through my head at the time when I bought this. Not normally a fan on Barbie pink or colours with a white-silver undertone but this shade was just tooo pretty.

I’m not entirely sure how I will use it as I find that when swatched it fails to show up very strongly on my dark skin. I think it would have to be relegated to a tear duct colour until I find a good use for it. 
Embark is a warm, dark brown that I would highly recommend anyone with dark skin like mine stocking in their MAC neutral palettes. 2 shades darker than my natural skintone, this shade works wonderfully as a crease and contour eyeshadow shade and I have sometimes even used this as a cheek contour as it is warm enough not to give my skin a dirty, ashy-brown effect.

This is the only shade that is a repurchase and this is actually my 3rd time buying this eyeshadow colour, so just know that when I recommend it, I’m doing so because I believe in it
As I’m always expanding my purple and blue MAC eyeshadow palettes, Fig.1 was recommended to me by one of my favourite local MAC artist, who thankfully seems to be keeping tabs on what shades I buy.

I was looking for a dark purple but similar to Vibrant grape which I already had but was not quite right for the makeup look I was going for (had to create a specific look models face – will put up link later) and she recommended Fig.1 and omg can I just say it was perfect!!! 
Last but not least. Twinks – a beautiful dark bronze perfect for a black girl eyelid. This shade is so much better than MAC’s eyeshadow in Bronze (which I normally swear by) as it is one shade darker than bronze so looks more like my eyelid shade but with a little bit of a shimmer to it. I can’t wait to recreate a daytime smokey eye look with this because this just screams out for me to play with it.
 So Ladies (and gentlemen) that is it for the recent eyeshadows swatches, sorry I was a bit late posting this but my post schedule ran amok and this didn’t go up 10 hours ago like it was meant to.