Thursday 17 May 2012

Review: YSL Rouge Volupte in shade 25 - Soft Beige

I have this weird unwritten and mental beauty rule when it comes to trying experimenting with new brands.

Always buy the nude lipsticks!!!!

For this reason I seem to have a very large (and widely unused) collection on nude lipsticks, but out of those lipsticks there are a few that I always use and repurchase when I hit the bottom of the lipstick barrel.
 Gold Stemmed with an embellished circular ring depicting the lipstick shade inside, The packaging for  the YSL Rouge Volupte  Lipsticks are visually breathtaking and for £23.50 a pop, they damn well should be. The best way to describe its lipstick formula is creamy sssmmmmmooooottttthhhh. The first thing you notice when you try on the rouge volupte lipsticks is just how hydrating they feel on the lips.
 The only negative thing I can say about this lipstick is that it really is not the longest wearing lipstick out there and I find that it only last a few hours at a time but those few hours feel like a pigmented and hydrated Caribbean holiday, so I'm still happy.
YSL’s Rouge Volupte Lipstick in shade 25 has got to be one of the most perfect nude pinky brown lipstick shades for ladies with darker skin and I thought it was about time it received some blog love from me because 1) I just repurchased it so it looks all nice and shiny rather than scratched from too much love and 2) It’s one of the prizes up for grabs in my May Giveaway so I thought you have entered the competition and were thinking of a shade to get, then here’s one of my recommendations.