Tuesday 31 January 2012

Review: Illamasqua Cream Blush in Betray

I am really head-over-heels in love with the Illamasqua's Blushes at the moment.
Since I bought my first blush in Ravish in November and loved the formula and pigmentation, I've been trying to expand my Illamasqua cream blush collection and I bought my latest cream blush; Betray, at the Illamasqua Counter at Selfridges during their Christmas Comes Early Promotion.
What They Say

Betray is a 'Deep Rose Plum' with a 'dewy finish' which can be used to 'highlight your cheekbones and shape your face'.You can either 'build and blend with fingers or use a brush to create the colour intensity you desire'.

What I Say

Well I've already mentioned earlier that I love the Cream blush formula. I don't feel that it comes off too oily or pigmented and it is long-wearing (which is great for anyone who doesn't like to touch up their makeup during the day).
Betray is described as a deep rose colour and in its blush pot/square package it does look like a dark rose but I think it comes off a lot lighter on my skin. It seems to show up more like a sweet pink rather than a deep rose.
 I don't have to be as careful with this blush as I had to with Ravish as it is a much lighter colour and I do need to use a little bit more product to get it to show up however this blush is still super pigmented so I don't have to use more than one or two swipes with my angled foundation brush. Remember with Illamasqua Blushes, less is more . . unless you like the clown paint look