Thursday 24 November 2011

Review: Illamasqua Cream Blush in Ravish

Illamasqua is best known for their take-no-prisoner shades, outrageously unique beauty campaigns and their deviously names beauty products. Since discovering the Illamasqua brand this summer, I have turned into a bit of an Illamasqua whore and their cream blush in Ravish is currently ranking a very high top spot in my pink/plum blush collection.
What They Say

Ravish is a bright raspberry red ‘with a dewy finish’. ‘Highlight your cheekbones, shape your face, build & blend with fingers to create the colour intensity you desire. Use over foundation for impact or under for a captivating glow. However you apply it, be daring’
What I Say

I originally bought Ravish many months ago, as I was looking for an intense pinkish, plum blush that would look great on dark skin as well as a longwearing stay. I think the Makeup gods were looking down on me the day I visited the Illamasqua counter, as this was exactly what I found.

Depending on how you use this shade (i.e. for contouring or to add a pop of colour onto the cheeks) you will end up with an intense, dewy finish. I like to use this very gently on my cheeks using an ELF Angled Contour Brush rather than my ELF Angled Foundation Brush, which I normally use for crème blushes as this blush can be SUPER intense and needs a light handedness to ensure you don’t end up looking like you used clown paint for your cheeks.
 On a bit of a whim, I also used Ravish as a lipstick and  . . .woow . . just WOOOW!!! I think I might actually start using this as a lipstick. The colour and pigment is super rich and gives a glossy finish that many lipsticks fail to even do right
Illamasqua Ravish used on cheeks and lips
Ravish really is the go-to Cream Blush