Tuesday 16 April 2013

Review:- Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder in No. 7

I don’t think there is anything more difficult in the whole, wide, beauty world than finding a bronzer for dark skin that doesn’t make the wearer look ashy or plain ol’ patchy. Now I’m not talking about finding a contour shade (because Sleek’s Contour Kit in Dark dominates) but a matte, warm bronzer that is just warm and light enough to give a natural definition than a contour shade is too dark to give. I could have gone for a lighter shade in Sleek’s Contour Kit (which I did but it really just wasn’t what I was looking for) but I decided to pull on my blogger thinking hat and do a bit of research, experimenting and swatching, and landed on Guerlain’s Terracotta Moisturising BronzingPowder in No. 7.
Created in 1984, Gurleian's Bronzing powders can safetly be called a "cult" item. It's a light and streak free textures has a moisturiser-encriched formula doesn't dry out or weigh down skin. With a RRP of £36.50, Guerlain Bronzing Powder is not the cheapest option I could have gone for but I fell in love with it after reading all the reviews on it and decided I might as well treat myself when I passed through Heathrow’s duty free on the way to New York.

Now obviously I could have gone a shade darker with Guerlain’s Terracotta Bronzing Powder in No. 8 but I didn’t like the red tones in that bronzer. I would have looked a tad bit sunburnt instead of bronzed, which can never be a good thing. Guerlain have launched an "Ebony" bronzer shade in their Summer 2013 Collection and I already know that I am going to be one of the first people to own the minute that my paycheck hits my bank account