Wednesday 24 April 2013

Review:- Daniel Sandler Perfect Canvas Foundation

I am a sucker for a good deal and when the deal includes a range of foundation, on all color spectrums for £2.50 . . . my shopping monster came out to play.

Yes, yes, yes, I know I just recently bought a Nars Sheer Glow and Maybelline Fit Me foundation but repeat after me:-

After I found out about this deal from Natalie of Discoveries of Self, and calmed down from the excited frenzy, I realised I had no clue what shades to get. Luckily for me, Daniel Sandler is an active social media user and you can always catch him on twitter (@DanielSandler) giving advice or recommendations for any beauty problems you might have. I got in contact with Daniel and after posting him a quick email with a picture of me foundation-less, he made me some colour recommendations that were spot on. I ended up buying a few more shades than I needed as deals on dark-skinned foundations don't come that often and I didn't want to procrastinate and lose out.
Daniel Sander's Perfect Canvas Foundation is a Full coverage Foundation with a SPF 15 factor. It comes in a 15ml bottle (which is super small) and has a lifespan of 6 months. The size isn't a bother for me as I've calculated that my normal foundation costs me £30.50 for 30ml, and I could buy 12 bottles of the Perfect Canvas foundations and get 183ml . . . why I need 183ml of foundation . . . I don't know but it is a very handy fact to have.
Shades 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 (on arm swatch,  definitely cover my skin shade and also my contour shade very well. Shade 16 works very well for me but I would love to see if Shade 15 has a little less red in it and more gold tones in it. I'm not sure if htis is intentional or not but the Perfect Canvas Foundation aqcts a bit like a "foundation stain" . . . I know right. This could be a pro and a con at the same time. It's useful in terms of wear-time, a lightweight stain will cover your imperfections for longer but can be a bit difficult to remove at the end of the day.

The Perfect Canvas Foundation formulation is VERY thick. I had to add some of my moisturiser to the Shade 16 foundation to make it a bit more blendable. This thickness isn't necessarily a negative. The thick formulation makes contouring a dream!!!! Shade 19 makes an excellent contouring shades as it goes exactly where you want it.

Unfortunately I don't have a "selfie" demonstrating the effectiveness of this foundation as I was in a rush this morning and decided to take my self portraits without my glasses or contacts. The results were a blurry and squinty mess, so I will redo everything later on this evening and update this post tomorrow.

The only issue I have with this foundation is with the labels on the packaging on some of the foundations were really sticky to the touch and one of the labels had already begun peeling off but with a foundations that only took £2.50, I'm not even that bothered