Tuesday 12 February 2013

Will MAC be banned from the UK from March 2013??

From the 11th of March 2013, Animal Testing for Cosmetics will be banned in the EU (and if you didn’t know the UK is in the EU). There has been talk about the EU banning products that still test on animals for a while now but I honestly didn’t think it would be so soon.

The EU has implemented a marketing ban on the 11th of March, on all cosmetic  products that test on animals with a testing ban date on the 11th of September 2014. I can’t help but think this legislation as been pushed forward due to a large push of companies in 2012 wanting to enter the Chinese beauty market; where it is compulsory to test on animal.

While anti-cruelty bloggers like Laalaa would be thrilled at the news, is it wrong that all I have going through my head right now is does this mean MAC will be banned from the UK??!

*I can’t breathe!!!!!*

I'm not 100% sure that they will as there are always loopholes that brands will exploit but gosh the news didn't half give me an anxiety attack

For all details on the Ban on Testing please visit the EU website