Wednesday 3 October 2012

Review: Makebelieve Enhance Glow Tinted Moisturiser #TFWOC

Time for part TWO of the Makebelieve and TFWOC reviews. I told you last week that Makebelieve were absolutely angelic and provided 3 products towards the Tans for Women of Colour Tanning Blogger Project that Laalaa and I have put together with these lovely ladies donating their blogspace to posting reviews.

Safiyah FrootiBeauty
Tass Une Tasse
Stephanie Nerd about Town

Last week I reviewed Makebelieve’s Self Tan Lotion with Bronzer; which I am still perving over (smell wise), and this week it’s their Glow Tinted Moisturiser, which is part of their Enhance Range. A range that has been developed to support your tan by enhancing it, so you can expect to find bronzers, tinted moisturisers highlighters and even illuminating concealers within it.
Makebelieve Glow Tinted Moisturiser is described as a hydrating and lightly tinted moisturizer that can be used on your face to get a ‘luminescent facial glow’. To be honest, I don’t think this should be described as a moisturizer as I don’t find it to be either hydrating or moisturing I thought that this much too heavy and thick.

Colour-wise (or tint-wise) when applied all over to my face, this product covered my face in shimmer (which was great) but the tint was so strong that I came off looking a bit cakey and scary. So like with everything I get that doesn’t work exactly the way I want it to . . .I experiment!

Here are some of the best ways I feel that you can experiment with the Glow Tinted Moisturiser; especially if the tint doesn't work that well with your skin tone, to get your moneys worth  

Experimentation 1.1

Use Tinted Moisturiser as a Highlighter

This is how I would use the glow tinted moisturizer as it gave a bit of a shimmer to my everyday dewy look

Experimentation 1.2

Use Tinted Moisturiser under Foundation
javascript:;

Overall I do stand with my original point that the Glow Tinted Moisturiser is not the best moisturizer on the market but makes an AWESOME highlighter. The shimmer gold tones are easy to work with, when mixed with something and becomes an added bonus to darker skin tones

Have you tried the Glow Tinted Moisturiser? What way have you used it that I could add to my experimentation methods.