Thursday 18 October 2012

Guest Review:- MakeBelieve Sunbeam Bronzer & Brush | #TFWOC

This week marks the last of the 3 reviews for Makebelieve for the 'Tans for Women of Colour' Blogger Project and their lovely scented products (Ok, you’ve had me obsess about their Self-tan for 4 weeks so I'm not going to go into it now). This week we are reviewing the Makebelieve Sunbeam Bronzer & Brush, which is another product from their Enhance Range designed to top up your tan and bring a glow to your face, as many people (me included) do not add tanning products to their face.
I’m not going to lie . . . I had a staring competition with this product trying to figure out the best way to use this. The matte formula of this bronzer paired with the fact that it was a few shades too light made this very difficult for me to review.

Sooooo I gave it to my blog wife Sam of Sam Ram Beauty to review for me and here is what she had to say:-

-----------------------------


Hey guys!
First, I just want to thank Annie for allowing me to do a guest post on her blog. I love her blog so I was super excited to be a (tiny bit) part of it =)


I will be reviewing the Make Believe Enhance Sunbeam Bronzer and Brush compact. On first appearance, I really do like the packaging. The black box and gold writing gives a glamorous feel, and we all love to fell glamorous right? When you open the box it comes with a decent sized mirror and a medium sized Kabuki style brush. The brush is super soft and cute. I love that it’s not too small and not too big. I always find kabuki style brushes to be rather big or they come out too much on the sides. This one is rather tapered and dome shape which is great for contouring too. The bronzer is a matte medium brown shade. This may be disappointing to some who associate bronzer with glitter, I on the other hand, was rather happy. I don’t like shimmery face products because I fear I will look like a disco ball.
Now I don’t actually ever wear bronzer or use products to tan. Partly because I feel that I am tanned enough and I really don’t understand how I could benefit from tanning. So with this mind, I tend to use bronzers to contour with because it gives you a sun kissed, summery, glowish look. Whereas if you just applied the bronzer all over your face, this could look like a mess, it could look unrealistic and it’s not really doing much for your face. If you apply the bronzer in the correct places, such as where you contour, this, to me, gives a more realistic tanned look. It’s an illusion of where the sun has kissed you. This is my personal understanding of it, anyway onto the post.




I decided to use the Sunbeam Bronzer as a contour powder. At first I was a bit sceptical because the bronzer is lighter in shade to what I generally use to contour with. I use the Sleek Contour Kit in medium and the contouring powder has a slight rich brown tone to it, whereas this bronzer is a dull washed out brown tone (If that makes sense). I assumed I would need to use quite a heavy hand but I was wrong. See the pictures below
No Bronzer Added
I first contoured my cheeks and my jawline. As you can see from the pictures, it gives a great colour. It gives a different look compared to my Sleek contour kit, and I actually prefer this look. I think the Sleek contour kit can look heavy, whereas this one is more subtle, blends in better with my skintone and looks more believable. Make believe with that!

I then decided to contour the sides of my nose. Contouring my nose is not a thing I’m good at. I still need to practice a lot more. I found this bronzers tone to work great against my skin and it really reduced the size of my nose. Always a bonus! The bronzer blended out nicely and didn’t look too harsh which my Sleek Contour Kit tends to do. Having said that, I still think it looks a bit obvious that I have contoured my nose. I’m trying to learn how to contour my nose without people thinking I’ve contoured it – if that makes sense.

Overall, thumbs up for being a great contour. As an all over bronzer, I would never personally do that. I actually like this more than my sleek contour kit (kill me). Where does one buy this from?

Answer me Annie!

You get it online dammit!!!! 



Don’t forget, I’m holding a giveaway right now so if you want to get your hands on Love Goddess from the Limited Edition MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection , then best get clicking!!!!