Wednesday 26 September 2012

Makeup Look: Beauty & the Beach

Trust Laalaa not to tag me and tell me about this competition until the night before the day it closes!

The Travel Supermarket Beauty and the Beach Blogger Competition is all about remembering your favourite holiday and recreating a hair, nails and/or make-up that recreates said memory. It can be anything from a daytime look to nighttime, clubbing look. Seeing as it is very late at night right now and my lighting isn't the greatest, I am going to keep this look relatively easy and hopefully the flash from my camera won't wash out the colours too much.

Since I am African (Nigerian to be precise) and I spend my time in either UAE or Nigeria soaking up the sun, I thought I should do a bronzed look with bit of pink and blue to represent a natural tan that I always get but also throw in some vibrant shades that represent the sunsets and seas/rivers. By using a bronze shade similar to my skintone this look is natural enough to wear in the daytime if you wanted (I would) but I do think its a great nighttime look.

Product used

Face
MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW45
MAC Select Cover-up Concealer in NW40
MAC Prep & Primer Transparent Finishing Powder
MAC Eyeshadow in Handwritten (Face Conotour)
Sleek Makeup Luminous Pressed Powder in LPP04
Sleek Makeup Blush Lantern in the Pumpkin Blush by 3 Palette
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Centre of the Universe (LE)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW45
MAC Eyebrow pencil in Stud
HD Brows Kit in Vamp

Eyes

Illamasqua Cream Eyeshadow in Linger
Barry M Pigment in Cherry Red 84 (Vee and Crease)
MAC Eyeshadow in Bronze (Lid)
MAC Eyeshadow in Cranberry (Transition)
Sleek Eau La La Liner in Blue Moon 323 (Line under eye)
MAC Eyeshadow in Blue Calm (Placed on top on Blue Moon)
MAC Eyeshadow in Steamy (Tearduct)
L'oreal Paris Super Liner in Black Crystals
Collection 2000 Kohl Eyeliner in Black 1
Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Cat Eyes Mascara

Lips

Map Lippencil in Chesnut
MAC lipstick in Lickable
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Sunbaked

The hair has to be big! I’m talking Victoria Secrets/Bond girl big! I might not be the most creating when it comes to braiding my hair but I sure now how to use a heating tong to an inch of it life.

Since I was already rocking voluminous hair from the Lauren Way Dream Rollers I tested out this morning, I used a large barrel tong as well as lots of hair spray to get this look. 

Product used

Aussie Miracle Coloured Haire Protection & Shine Serum
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray
L'oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray in Extra Strength


Ok everyone know that I am VERY hopeless when it comes to nails . . .I just can’t seem to  paint them in the same direction!!! So please understand that I did try with this as Nails are really not my cup of tea.

Product Used

Leighton Denny Nail Polish in Hanky Pank
Gosh Cosmetics Nail Glitter in 


There are only a few hours left to enter this competition as it ends at midnight so get over to the Travel Supermarket website and enter your best holiday nails, hair and/or makeup look.So wish me luck!!!