Wednesday 22 August 2012

Review:- Naked Rescue Repairing Hair Treatment

If you’ve ever met me or had the misfortune of following me on instagram then you’ll happen to know that my hair and I have a very fickle relationship.

In the last 3 or 5 years I have died my hair blonde, then red, then black, then blue , then black, then grey, then blonde which turned ginger and then back to black (and by next week it will be BLUE!!!!) and it the last 4 months I’ve gone from long hair to a short crop (very Miley Cyrus) to curly hair to my infamous kinky afro to the most recent shoulder length style (thank God for whoever discovered extensions). So as you can imagine my hair is not always in the best condition. I find that it can be very dry and if not taken care of and conditioned properly gets frizzy, coarse and breaks
 I was recently introduced to Naked which is a 97% natural skincare/haircare brand that are 100% transparent about what ingredients go into their products. If you check out their website they will tell you that while they use natural extracts like Sunflower, Cocoa Butter and Argan Oil, and have no toxic parabens and petrochemicals, they are not 100% natural because they want to ensure that the products you are buying are preserved properly so you can get your moneys worth without it going off and separating before you’ve finished using it up.
I was sent the Naked Skin’s Repairing Hair Treatment for Frizzy and Damaged Hair, which is an Argan oil, Sunflower Seed Extract and Meadowfoam conditioning treatment that you use after washing your hair and gently comb through before wrapping your hair up in a shower cap and leaving for 3-5 minutes.

Being lazy, stubborn and never reading the directions, I left this in my hair and extensions for a little longer than the 5 minutes that was recommended (*cough cough* 3 hours) and honestly I think that the added time and the 32 degree weather worked to my benefit as my hair is sooo soft.

I'm actually not joking you can stroke it if you want!!

Although I didn't really love the smell when I put it in my hair (smelt a bit like henna) the henna smell wears off once you wash it out and you're left with a lovely shea oil scent in your hair.
I'm going to buy a container on this tomorrow so I can try it out a bit more, if you want to try it out for yourself the satchet costs £1.29 or you can get a 400ml jar for £7.99. They are both available on the Keep Me Inspired Website or Boots.