Tuesday 21 August 2012

Review: MAC Paint in Sublime Nature

Thought I should share with you a product that has been on the blogging back burners for a while. I bought this on the recommendation of Gulnit (my favourite Mac Artist) a few months back and I never got round to making a post on it  . . . so better late than never!!!
 MAC paint in Sublime Nature is a cool beige brown that has a slight shimmer to it. I have slightly oily eyelids but wear contacts I don’t find the consistency too dry as it doesn’t really bother my eyes; which is great. 

As opposed to some cream eye shadows which dry the minute you apply it, not really leaving much room for you to blend and work with it (*cough cough* Makeup Forever), plus I really love the fact that it comes in a squeezy toothpaste like tube which I feel is a bit more hygienic that cream bases in pots
For some strange reason, MAC have discontinued the majority of the MAC paint range so you can only get 7 shades in their MAC Paints, with Sublime Nature being one of those 7 options.



Honestly I was in the market for something a lot darker and closer to my skin tone (that wasn’t groundwork) as I currently use Illamasqua’s cream eye shadow in Linger as a base and these two shades are very close together (which might be why I haven’t really used Sublime Nature as much as I should have by now) but if you are looking for a light brown base/eyeshadow primer in a tube then you should probably give Sublime Nature a try
  
Is it just me or do you seem to buy the same colours but in different textures or variations??