Monday 9 July 2012

London Bridge 10K Walk for Kidney Research 2012

Kidney Research UK is a charity dedicated to improving the understanding of kidney disease, it causes, prevention and treatment. It's main research objective is to support a wide range of projects by UK scientists as 3 million people in the UK are at rush from kidney disease with around 50,000 requiring some form of treatment.

The Kidney Research 10k London Bridge Charity Walk couldn't possible have taken place on a worse day but despite the gallons of water and burns on my foot, I loved it! Walking 10k (7 miles) in the rain would never be my cup of tea . . . (or anyone's cup of tea for that matter) but Sunday saw me digging through my closet trying to find where I last dumped my gym gear to walk around Central London all in the name of charity.
One of their largest fundraising events; attracting supporters from all over the UK, raising thousands of pounds of vital research, the walk started off at Potters Field near London Bridge, we made out way west of the Thames bypassing the most magnificent London landmarks like St Paul's Cathedral, the Globe Theatre, Tower Bridge, the Tate Modern.
I loved every minute of it and if anyone wants to do this next year then get in touch!