Monday 19 March 2012

Rae of Sunshine: Sunset

This week's looks are all based around a request from Pelumi-Rae, owner, creator and writer for Care For Your Hair.

Care For You Hair is a great Hair blog all about embracing and caring for natural hair, so if any of you are thinking about going natural, already rocking natural hair or just want a few pointers on organic hair products and concoctions, then Pelumi-Rae is a girl you want to schmooze up to.

Now Pelumi-Rae asked me to do a Yellow eye inspired look and I really did have to rack my brains on what to do as I don't actually ever wear yellow *flashback of wearing yellow and chased by bees . . . shudders*. So to hopefully encompass everything about this bright, bubbly colour, I am going to posting three different looks this week. All yellow yet all slightly different from each other; so make sure to check back on Wednesday and Friday to see what I've come up with.


Today's look is all about that Big Yellow Ball in the sky. I decided to focus more on a sunset inspired looks because I think Yellow always looks great when placed with it's sister colours; Red and Orange.
After doing the brows. I applied Illamasqua's cream eyeshadow in Linger all over my eyelid to act as a base, then taking NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yellow, I applied this only to my eye lids taking care not to blend it too high into my crease. I took Barry M's pigment in Cherry Red 84 on a blending brush and swept this onto my crease and inner vee, applying and reapplying, just trying to build up and intense colour. I swept Barry M's pigment in Orange 77 into my browbone taking care to blend it into the red eyeshadow pigment, so there is a slight gradient. Next is the easy part! Taking a fat brush I applied MAC's Chromeyellow then applied Barry's M pigment in Yellow Gold 106 with a fluffy brush over this to make the colour a bit richer. Now all I did next was blend in MAC's Carbon into my outer vee to give my eyes a bit more of definition, lined my eyes with MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack and popped on some lashes.
Eyebrows
MAC Eyebrow pencil in Stud
HD Brow Kit in Vamp (Rich Brown shade)

Eyes
Eye Base - Illamasqua Cream Eyshadow in Linger
Eyelid Base - NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yellow
Lid - Mixture of MAC Chromeyellow Eyeshadow and Barry M Pigment in Yellow Gold 106
Crease and Inner Vee - Barry M Pigment in Cherry Red 84
Outer Vee - MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon
Browbone - Barry M Pigment in Orange 77
Eyeliner - MAC Fliudline in Blacktrack
Eyelashes - Ebay
Lips
L'oreal Pairs Color Riche Lipstick in Cassis Passion 376
Make Up Academy Plumping Lipgloss in Nude

I think I cheated a little with this first look because . . . well . . . it's not that yellow. The red and orange make this look a bit like a fireball, but what do you think? Is it yellow enough or should I focus more on yellow for the next two looks?