Friday 23 March 2012

Rae of Sunshine: Just a pop of Yellow

This week's looks are all based around a request from Pelumi-Rae, owner, creator and writer for Care For Your Hair.

Care For You Hair is a great Hair blog all about embracing and caring for natural hair, so if any of you are thinking about going natural, already rocking natural hair or just want a few pointers on organic hair products and concoctions, then Pelumi-Rae is a girl you want to schmooze up to.

Now Pelumi-Rae asked me to do a Yellow eye inspired look and I really did have to rack my brains on what to do as I don't actually ever wear yellow *flashback of wearing yellow and chased by bees . . . shudders*. So to hopefully encompass everything about this bright, bubbly colour, I am going to posting three different looks this week.  All yellow yet all slightly different from each other. This is the last look for this inspiration but please do check out the looks for Monday and Wednesday.


For this last and final look, I thought I should do something a little different and play with spicing up a nude eye with just a pop of colour. I think think this is a great way to add just a little bit of oclour to your look without it being overwhelming.
The ground work for this look is just about adding to your everyday neutral eye look. This can be done with neutral eyeshadow on or without. It is your prerogative. I placed Illamasqua's Cream Eyeshadow in Linger all over my eyelid. Keeping it simple, I then added MAC's Bisque to my eyelid and my brow highlight. MAC's Texture went on my browbone and crease with MAC's handwritten lightly blended over my outer vee. Applying a thin strip of fixing gel to my eyes winging out the gel in the corners of my eyes, I then placed Illamasqua's Pigment in Marvel over the fixing gel and Voila!!! An easy pop of colour to a neutral look.
Eyes
Base - Illamasqua Cream Eyeshadow in Linger
Browbone Highlight - MAC Bisque
Browbone - Texture
Crease - MAC Handwritten
Eyelid - MAC Bisque
Eyeliner - Illamasqua Pigment in Marvel
Fixing Gel - Helen E Fixing Gel
Eyelashes - Miss Adoro #600
This is the last look of the Rae of Sunshine and I hope you guys loved the yellow inspiration. I think I actually have a new respect for the shade yellow . . . I'm not saying it is my new favourite colour but I think I've warmed up to it. So tell me, how has this weeks looks been for you?