Tuesday 27 March 2012

Nude it Down, featuring Make Up Academy Cosmetics

I don't ever really do any nude or neutral looks on my blog, because I honestly find them a bit difficult to do . . . . well difficult in comparison to working with colours.

Colour matching darker skin tones is a bit difficult as there is all those brown, red and yellow undertones just hiding under the skin and frankly I just can not be bothered to neutral looks because I never think it comes out right. Nevertheless, I'm going to be  . . . "attempting" . . . to be doing a nude brown smokey eye using a few of the Makeup Academy (MUA) Pearl and Matte Single Eyeshadows.
Makeup Academy is a good quality, low priced cosmetics brand currently based online or in Superdrug stores Nationwide. With their core collection only costing £1 and their pro collection never going over £15, MUA cosmetics is definetly a brand to stock up on, as you will not be breaking the bank. For this look, I am really trying to keep it simple but I just couldn't resist adding a sly pop of colour.
Eyebrows
MUA Eyeshadow Pencil in Brunette

Eyes
Browbone and Eyelid - MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 17, Matt
Crease - MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 11, Pearl
Vee - MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 19, Matt
Eyeliner - MUA Eyeliner in Black
Lips
MUA Lipstick in Shade 1

Who says a pretty face has to cost an arm and a leg????