Monday 16 January 2012

Review: Sleek Lipstick in Pink Amped 781

I don't like bright lips!!!

I never have and after this post . . .my opinion will not change.

I know this lipstick confession is a weird way to kick off a post but I actually have a very good reason for it.

Kiki from Lovekiksy and I are having a blog collaboration where we have to make a blog post sporting lip looks we absolutely loathe. For me it is bright lips (which she adores) and for her she has to wear a dark lip (which I LOVE!!!!).

I normally wouldn't touch a bright lipstick with a 8-mile pole, kitchen gloves and a face mask, and for the life of me I can't remember how I got into this situation loool. Owning no bright lips, I had to go to Superdrug where I had a staring competition with the Sleek Counter before finally picking up a Sleek lipstick in Amped 781 which is a matte, fluorescent pink lipstick
It's so  . . pink!!!
If there's anything I hate more than a bright pink lip . . .it's a matte lipstick. So I would like to take this opportunity to point out that I went into this wholeheartedly as I am combining my two lipstick hates. To soften up the matte formula, I paired Amped with L'oreal Paris Glam Shine in Fresh Fuchsia 116 (and unfortunately *or fortunately depending on your stance* it didn't mute out the brightness)
What do you think? Are you allergic to bright colours like me or do you think I should buck up and  add a bit of brightness to my lipstick collection?