Tuesday 26 March 2013

Review: Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara

Too many seasons of ANTM has ingrained the Cover Girl slogan in my brain so when I hit NYC one of my first stops (after Macy's of course) was Duane Reade; a drugstore conveniently located opposite Macy's, to gaze at what the Cover Girl range had to offer  . . . and in all fairness I was overwhelmed.

They offer way too much!

I don't know if it is a New York drugstore thing or what but I noticed that none of the drugstores I visited stocked testers so it was very different from stepping into somewhere like Boots or Superdrug because you aren't offered a chance to play around with the products and check if you like what you are buying. It is literally a case of "Buy and Pray". Not wanting to sped too much on a brand I had never tried before, I decided to pick up the Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara . . . just because I like the wand shape.
Well it is an impressive wand and I think the fact that it came with a little cap that you take out to dip the wand into is just the cutest.
Cover Girl's Lash Blast Fusion is meant to be a super volumising and build-able lengthening mascara to thicken and extend the look of your natural lashes . . . sounds great right?? What they don't tell you is that this mascara is not waterproof and looks more grey that black.
I'm not sure how much use I am going to get out of this as I don't feel it added any length or volume to my eyes. In fact, I don't think I have been this disappointed in a mascara since I tried out the Benefit They're Real Mascara . . . and I actually think that the Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara is a dupe for the Benefit They're Real Mascara as they bought have the similar wands but I think the Cover Girl formula is a lot lighter so is a bit easier to remove.