Thursday 7 March 2013

FOTN : Coral Vibes at Caspers

Last Saturday night, I defied my usual lazy girl tendencies and actually exchanged my bed and fluffy socks for a bodycon dress and stiletto heels for my friend's 23rd birthday. I haven't been out in what seems like forever so I found myself running around trying to find a dress and an adhesive bar (ASOS & my premier account is my saviour)

I decided to keep my look a lot lighter and coral than my normal "smokey eye uniform" just because I felt it would go better with my electric green Aqua dress. I mean let's face it, how on earth do you colour match your makeup to a bright pastel green dress????
I don't even wear pastel green!

Using my Illamasqua Cream Eyeshadow in Linger; a light brown shadow that works as a natural base, I applied this all over my eye, blending it in with my finger. Using a fluffy eye blending brush I applied MAC Texture just above my crease to act as a transition colour. MAC Woodwinked was then placed on the inner 2/3rds of my eye and transitioned into MAC Twinks. For my crease and outer vee I used a mixture of MAC Folie and MAC Carbon and finished everything off with my favourite liquid eyeliner (which FYI is L'oreal Paris' Super Liner in Black Vinyl) on my lid and Collection 2000 Kohl Pencil in Black on my waterline.
Quite a simple look but I just love how it gave my eyes a lot more definition. I think I might just have made my Bambi eyes a little bit cat-shaped *pats self on back*
I really hope you like this look. If you do please love it on Baobella (so I can win a makeup course *crosses fingers*)