Friday 26 October 2012

Review: Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tanning Mousse | #TFWOC

One week left of #TFWOC and up on the Tanning Product Display is the pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tanning Mousse (Dark) courtesy of Vita Liberata.
Vita Liberata uses a 70% organic and ‘special combination of natural nourishing extracts’ in their 2-3 week tan and ‘contains all the USPs of their other tanning products, but can last up to 4 times longer’ with no streaking PLUS has the added benefit of being moisturizing and sensitive enough to be used by fake tan lovers with sensitive skin.

Using the free Tan Mitt which is normally included with this Long-lasting tan mousse, you can choose to apply:-

1 Application = 7 Days approx.
2 Applications = 10+ Days approx.
3 Applications = 2-3 Weeks approx.

Ok I want to be completly, 95%, ‘hands-over-my-heart’ honest, so I have to mention that the first thing I thought after applying this and working it into my skin was . . . stinky!!! Like this has the weirdest smell on earth, and I can’t really pinpoint the smell as it is a cross between rubber . . . something rubbery. . . and something else stinky. I’m not sure if this is the ‘biscuit tan smell’ that everyone refers to but OMG. . . .It sure is something.
Although you have to understand that one of the great selling points of the Vita Liberata pHenomenal Self-Tan Mousse is that it is 100% free from parabens, alcohol and PERFUME!!!!!! The great thing is that after a shower the smell wears off and all that is left, is your tan colour.
This is the most expensive tan in the whole project (RRP. £37.50) so I expected this to give me the best result out of all the tans and for me it actually did. While the other tans in the project made me too red or too gold toned, this tan just made me brown(er). It gave the truest natural tan results as it subtly raised my skin tone just enough to mimic a natural tan but not enough to change my skin undertones.
I honestly didn’t think that much of the tan when I first applied it, but 3 days after I applied a thin layer and the it had had enough time to settle in, my arm was still a noticeable shade darker and the colour didn’t really fade away til about day 6. So in terms of wear-time, the pHenomenal Tan claims are true!

If you are looking for a very subtle difference to your skin tone then Vita Liberata might be for you but I have to mention that some of the other girls in the project have experienced extreme orange tones, have highlighted why you NEED to exfoliate if you are using this tan and also that if you are a little darker than me this might not show up on you.