Tuesday 9 October 2012

Review: YSL Rouge Voluptè Lipstick in Vibrant Brown 21

It seems that I am in a big violation of the unspoken (but tweeted) blogger rule of ”never use a product before you've taken pictures of it”. In the case of my YSL Rouge Voluptè lipstick in Vibrant Brown 21, not only have a used it without taking pictures of it . . I've actually been using it regularly for the last couple of months thinking that I've already done a blog post on it when it turns out I really didn't.

So all in all, I’m starting this post with a bit of an apology but seeing as it is one of my favourite and most reached for lippie shades, I thought it was worth doing a blog post review on.
YSL Rouge Voluptè lipsticks are the original and luxury version of the Revlon Lip Butter Lipsticks. They are extremely moisturizing, smooth and creamy, are very pigmented and come in a luxurious shiny, gold packaging topped with a small mirror at the top. As great as YSL rouge voluptè lipsticks are , they really are not longwearing so please take note of that before you shell your money on this.

Vibrant Brown 21 is a warm brown-pink shade that I always seem to go for when choosing nudes are they are the closest to my natural lip colour. As this as a very creamy formula it comes off very pigmented on the lips when swatched but can be easily blended into you lips or lip pencils (depending on how use choose to wear your lipstick).
I love this shade something fierce because it is one of the few lipsticks that I can get away with applying straight onto my lips without a lip pencil or precision. It’s a slap – bang job.

Have you ever tried out any of the YSL lipsticks? I’m thinking of getting the beautiful grape shade in the range to go with this seasons trend.


Don’t forget, I’m holding a giveaway right now so if you want to get your hands on Love Goddess from the Limited Edition MAC Marilyn Monroe Collection , then best get clicking!!!!