Tuesday 30 October 2012

Review:- St Moriz Instant Tanning Lotion in Dark | #TFWOC

This week we are focusing on the ‘Best Kept Secret in Self Tanning’ aka St. Moriz, which makes sense as it is the last brand to be reviewed for the TFWOC project. Yes, Ladies and Gentle-frogs, the TFWOC project which has been going 7 weeks strong is now FINISHED!!!!! (Not sure whether to be ecstatic or sad . . .that’s a lie, I’m HAPPY!!!!)
St Moriz is an affordable range of self tanning mousses, mists and lotions that help you look effortlessly sunkissed. Their formula of English sourced ingredients has helped them win both the Cosmopolitan Beauty Award for Best Body Self Tan 2012 and the Pure Beauty Award 2011, and has been used by X-factor finalist, the cast of Hollyoaks  . . .and the cast of Towie *shudders*
The St Moriz Instant Lotion is fast!! I’m talking super-duper fast drying here. By the time I had taken a swatch picture, the lotion had already activated and left a swatch shape blob on my arm that I had to massage like crazy to blend out for the swatch picture. Personally I felt that this was a bit of an odd one as the difference in my skin shade was very subtle and very slight. I had to take a picture of my swatch with the flash on (which NEVER do) just so you could see the shade difference.
While I do like the fact that it is only a subtle difference, I think the difference is a bit too slight plus I found that 24 hours after I swatched it, the tan had disappeared. No joke! The next day the tan was gone *poof*. Personally, I’m not too sure if the dark lotion is dark enough to stay on dark skin or if I should have applied more product for the first layer or added more layers to this to get a lasting effect.
If you want to try this out for yourself, I suggest that you apply it generously and  do a little Google search because you can find the St Moriz Tanning Lotion cheaper than it’s RRP of £4.99 at Fragrance Direct which is going for £2.99.

I’m all for a bargain to be honest and if you are looking for a British Sourced, Affordable Tan to give you a bit of sun, while the sun is hiding then you might want to give this a try.