Monday 3 September 2012

Review: Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara


 Estee Lauder’s Sumptuous Extreme Mascara is probably one of most expensive mascara I own but it is also the mascara I would happily beat down someone over if I catch them trying to use this (and seeing as I’ve only been in fight once in my life and that was with my sister, that is saying something).
Why do I love the Sumptuous Mascara? Why on earth would I happily shell out £22 for a mascara? Well apart form being shiny (it’s sooo shiny), its mousse like formula contains gels, pigments,silica, mica,  etc. etc. etc. doesn’t clump. I find that it adds a lot of volume to my lashes without making them feel stiff or break off.

The first thing you will notice is how humungous the wand is; I am warning you now that the mascara wand is quite big, it is roughly 1 inch and a half in length but when you think that Estee Lauder stuffed tri-blend multiplying fibres (Hollow Tube Fiber, Solid Rod Fiber and Micro-Locking Fiber) into this wand, they must have needed the space. Colour wise, there are 4 shades that you can get but I love this mascara in extreme black

The Sumptuous Extreme Mascara brings back a lot of memories for me as it reminds me of my blogging journey and how much blogging has become a central part of life, as it was actually one of the first products I reviewed on my blog more than a year ago.
 The original pictures taken back in March/May 2011 were dark, had sooo much glare and taken on a black throw that I keep on my bed (which honestly made the picture look even darker) , but it just marks how much I’ve learnt and experienced in a year +, so on that note this was probably more of a sentimental purchase than anything but I do love the humongous wand on this as I get that cute little flick in the corner of my eyes.
FYI Boots are supplying the Sumptuous Mascara in a set 

Is it weird to get so sentimental over mascara? What products do you have that remind you of a certain journey in your life? Please Share by leaving a comment below because I’m nosey like that