Thursday 14 June 2012

Sleek Pop-up Shop in Stratfield.

If you’ve watched part one of my May Collective Haul video (aka. The makeup one), you have already heard how I came across Sleek’s pop-up store in Westfield, Stratford and convinced Sam to run down the up-escalator so we could have a little look.
I'm really sorry that I didn't show off the shades in my video (as it was running really long and open small packaging with long nails is super fiddly) but I thought I should do this quick blog post showing off my sleek products and how they swatch.  I really don’t know why I got so excited about visiting a pop up shop, maybe it’s because it’s the beauty equivalent to a good sale and let’s face it, everyone likes a good deal.
With the expert advice of Sam,  I grabbed 2 Matte shades (Vamp & Stiletto) and one sheen (Cherry), with the Raisin and Dragon-fruit Eau La La Liners to act like lip liners.
I normally can’t stand matt lipstick as I find the finish very drying on my already quite dry lips but my favourite of the bunch has to be Cherry. I am soooo in love with Cherry’s shade and lasting power. It has lasted for 3 out of my 5 cups of tea, which is very, very impressive, especially for a highstreet brand.
I haven’t had a chance to use Vamp, as I think it’s the wrong season for it (although with all this rain, you never know, I might be able to get away with it).
 Stiletto is a lot more orange-toned than I expected it to be, and I am not the biggest fan of orange-toned lipsticks but never the less, it still looks great on my dark skin tone
Dragonfruit is a gorgeous fuschia pink, and I hope to use it as a lip liner for all my bright pink summer lipsticks and Raisin as you can probably tell, was bought to work in combination with the True Colour vamp lipstick.
Is anyone an expert on Sleek? I think I might want to grab a few more lipstick from them now. Also do you use Sleek’s eau la la liners as lipliners or do you think its strictly an eyeliner product?