Tuesday 24 April 2012

Review: L'oreal True Match Concealer in Cafe Coffee

I'm not normally very interested in highstreet concealers as I do not really think that highstreet brands really bother to cater to darker skin tones, so why should I bother experimenting? I am not really sure what I was thinking when I first picked up L'oreal Paris True Match le correcteur concealer in Cafe Coffee but boy, am I glad I did.
'True Match super-blendable correcting concealer helps hide imperfections, blemishes and even skintone. Glides on beautifully to give you a perfect base"
Application wise: I love this!!! It is super light and fairly creamy so I find that I can work it into my skin fairly well. The colour works very well with my skintone especially on my under eyes, which I really was not expecting, as like I said . . .  I wasn't holding much faith against it.
What I really cannot STAND about this concealer is the teeny weeny product they give you in this. I'm not sure if it's me over-using this or L'oreal trying to one-up me but gimme me more dammit!!!! and another thing I am just not really feeling the applicator, I'm not a germaphobe but wands are icky! Wands are just not the most hygienic applicator out there.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a highstreet concealer and do not want to spend over a tenner.

Am I too harsh on drugstore/highstreet makeup? Or do you have the same love/hate relationship with highstreet brands?