Tuesday 26 June 2012

Review: Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara

Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara is the UK’s No1 Best Selling Mascara right now, so please believe that I might just be the last person in the UK beauty blogging community to try out this mascara, but better late than never, right??
With claims of lengthening, curling, volumising, lifting and separating your lashes, all without smudging or drying out . . . I think it’s time for me to but a little spin on things.
Ok, I’m going to be completely honest here and just say what I think. When I read that this mascara lengthens and curls your lashes . . . at the same time . . . I thought isn’t that a contradiction? Wouldn’t curlier lashes makes lashes look shorter as opposed to longer? *shrugs*
While I wouldn’t go as far as labeling this as a lash effect mascara (as I practically live in lashes so I know the difference), I believe this is a very good volumising/lengthening mascara. I didn’t really see that much curling, as my lashes as already pretty curly, They’re real mascara did look longer and more voluminous. The mascara wand easily coated each lash.


True to its word, this Benefit mascara does not smudge or dry out. I can testify that it is very long lasting (as it took me freaking hours to get this off). Overall I think this is a great formula and it does most of what it claims to do, however I do not think it’s the best mascara on the market for £18.50.