Monday 27 February 2012

A Very Red Mad Hatter

Coloured Eyebrows are a trend that seems to be everywhere at the moment. It's fun, creative, colourful and super simple to do. I have seen so many different coloured brows floating around but not really any red ones  ,*might have something to do with Ginger jokes* so I thought I might as well start of my series with a brow-shaped bang and take it from there
I have used the same method I normally use everyday to shape my eyebrows, which is to outline my desired brow shape and then fill in said shape with a powder. The only thing that I would really recommend doing if you want to try out this trend, is to use a thick concealer the same shade as your skin over your eyebrows to act as a base and block your natural eyebrow colour from showing up. As I have very dark brows this step really was a godsend as the Red pigment eyeshadow I used had less black hair to cover up.

Eyebrows
Concealer (to "erase" natural brow colour) - MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW45 
Lipliner Pencil - Rimmel London Lasting Finishh Lip pencil in Indian Pink 064
Eyeshadow Pigment - Barry M Dazzle Dust in No. 84
Highlighting Concealer - MAC Select Cover Up in NW40
Face
Foundation - MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW45
Highlighting Concealer - MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW40
Undereye Concealer - MAC Select Cover Up in NW40
Blush - Daniel Sandler Watercolour in Dare
Lipliner - Rimmel London Lip Pencil in  
Lipstick - L'oreal Paris Color Riche Lipstick in Cassis Passion 376

I actually loved my eyebrows this shade, I'm just waiting for an excuse to wear it outside of my house now. What do you think? Would you attempt a coloured brow?