Friday 9 December 2011

How to Repair your Lipstick

I don't think there is anything worse for a beauty fanatic than when you are using a lipstick and it snaps in half!!!! It's not like you are using an obscene amount of pressure on the lippie but it just decides to quit on you (which by the way is very rude Mr. Lipstick).
The Culprit
Well this happened to me with one of my favourite red lippies quite recently. Understandably I was quite upset as it was one of the only matte lipstick that I actually wear as I normally steer far away from matte lipsticks as I suffer from quite dry lips, that no amount of ex-foliating or scrubbing can save me from but since it's super easy to fuse/repair a lipstick I wasn't too bothered and I thought it would be a good idea to share how I do this process so that if you suffer from the same lipstick epidemic *and chances are you will* you don't have to throw it away


Ingredients (or Things you need)
*A broken Lipstick
*A candle
*A tissue or Wetwipe
* Your hands


Step One
- Light the candle and apply a little bit of heat to both sides of the lipsticks. You only need to do this til the lipstick heats up a little and starts to melt. I recommend only doing this for a few seconds
 Step Two
- Push the lipstick together so that it fuses back together. Only a little bit of force is needed
Step Three
- Clean off any lipstick spillover you might have and VOILA your lipstick is instantly repaired!!!!
I hope you find this helpful, let me know what you think of my mini blog tutorial