Friday 21 October 2011

My Freaky Night out with Illamasqua Freak

*Ahem*

I have a confession to make . . . 

I am an Illamasqua Freak!!!!

Ok, forgive me for the pun-like opening but I seriously couldnt resist doing that. I have become a super huge fan of the Illamasqua brand ever since I tried their skin base foundation a little while back. Since then my collection of Illamasqua products just keeps growing. I mean I've hyped on about Illamasqua so much, I've even got my mum using Illamasqua as her foundation of choice (click here to see how Illamasqua skin base no. 17 looks on her).

Thursday Night, Illamasqua opened the doors of their flagship store in London to the general beauty public to launch their first fragrance  . . . Freak
Freak is an exotic and dark perfume that captures the magic of night-time by using exotic (and poisonous) flowers to create its scent and I can honestly say without a doubt that  . . .it definitely smelt . . .interesting loooool. I actually really liked the scent surprisingly, it smelt like a lighter version of Estee Lauder's Sensous Noir. Right now you can purchase this mysterious scent for £59 (75ml, Eau du Parfum) at the Illamasqua Flagship store just of Carnaby Street, on their website or in selected retailers like Selfridges when it is launched on their counters

I loved the event and actually had a lot of fun. Everything was so 'nightmare on elm street' gothic sprinkled with 'Tinker bell's fairy dust' that I was just amazed by every little touch. The wine served had food dye added to it to give it a darker bloodier colour (and it looked a bit too realistic that I chickened out and didn't give it a taste *I suffer from an over-active imagination*).
As they were doing a big discount on some of their stock and I have a huge shopping habit, I just couldn't leave empty handed. I mean eyeshadows had gone down from £15.50 to £5 . . . the mathematician in me calls this a SEXY DEAL!!! I went home with a lot of discounted Illamasqua goodies which will definitely keep a big goofy smile on my face for the next few weeks.
I picked up the Illamasqua:-
- Cream Eyeshadow in Malevolent
- Cream Eyeshadow in Debauch
- Cream Eyeshadow in Entangle
- Cream Eyeshadow in Linger
- Nail Varnish in Glory
- Nail Varnish in Fern
- Eyeliner pencil in Eerie (which is basically a black in regular English language)

I plan to post up a review and swatches on each of these eyeshadows at a later date, so keep you eyes peeled. 
I hate snails . . but I could see myself getting friendly with this one
Theatre of the Nameless Collection